Monday, June 30, 2008

SURPRISE

I have to be one of the hardest people in the world to surprise, but my husband totally pulled it off on Saturday! This coming Tuesday, July 1st is my birthday and with the birth of our son I could of cared less what we did for it. Anyone who knows me or my family knows that the whole month of July is Stacey's birthday month. I am an only child and grandchild my family had nothing better to do than spoil me! But, when the spoiled birthday girl has a baby the world changes. My husband, bless his soul, was trying to keep things normal. Looking back now I should have noticed all the signs but I was so busy with Daniel that it didn't even cross my mind.

Saturday morning David and got up around 8 a.m., this was also our first Saturday home with Daniel so sleeping in is no longer in our vocabulary. Normally, we get up and kind of lay around for a while. This Saturday David got up and immediately started cutting the yard. This has never happened! Not to mention the fact that he was cleaning the house the night before - usually that would be me, now that Daniel's here not so much! He also kept saying we have to leave at 12 - he had told me that we were going to the grocery store, pick up Daniel's pictures and we needed to take some things back to Babies R'Us. I was so excited because I had not been out of the house all week except to go to the doctor.

I got ready, gave Daniel a bath, got him ready and started to dress him when the door bell rang. David went to the door and it was my Dad, I remember just looking at him like, "what are you doing here?" Dad lives a good 45 minutes away so for him to just stop by without calling wasn't like him. I took Daniel's bath tub to the bathroom and David followed me and asked me, "what's he doing here?" I was like "I don't know???" We had been so hard on our parents about calling before they come, and we had somewhere to go, but more important than that - I HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!! Just as I was trying to figure out what to do, the door bell rang again this time it was David's Dad. I was like hello, what is going on here? Then I looked at the cake in his hand. I was so SURPRISED.

Then I looked down and realized that I still had my P.J.'s on (which I breastfeeding so they were leaking P.J.'s at that) and I still had to nurse Daniel. By the time, I changed clothes, pumped, and came out of the nursery, our whole family was there. They had brought a ton of food for us to have a cook out and everyone was running around telling me to sit down. It was great, my husband had done it, he finally after 5 years surprised me. I was so proud of him, he had called everyone, got them there, and organized a cook out all without me knowing. More amazing than that no one had let it leak out either.

I truly have one of the best husbands and families in the world. Although sometime I don't always show it and I get angry with them, I love them dearly. David out did himself, not only did he throw me a surprise birthday party he also took me out that afternoon so I could get out of the house. We were only gone for 3 hours but, it was great. Never thought I would see the day where I would want to do to the grocery store just to be able to get out of the house.

No comments: