Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week 2

I had told myself that I would update my blog every week, this week that didn't happen. So here was our week of June 30th - July 6th, it was a little too exciting!

Monday, June 30th
Today we hung around the house all day. Daniel was really good today. He stayed on his feeding schedule and he slept a lot. I am still trying to get into a schedule of not sleeping all day. I feel like that is all I have done since we got home. David started taking the 12 a.m. feedings today so I can get 6 hours of sleep. Maybe I won't sleep all during the day! Because David was up he and Daniel were very thoughtful and woke me up at 12 a.m. to be the first one's to tell me Happy Birthday!

Tuesday, July 1st
Happy 27th Birthday to me!! Today's goal, get out of the house by myself. Thanks to the sleep I was able to get last night, thanks to my lovely husband I actually felt great when I woke up. So I started really early because we had to get out of the house by 12. I had to get myself ready, give Daniel a bath, and get him ready. 3 hours after I started we were ready to go have lunch with David. We met David at his work and had lunch, it was so nice to get out of the house, have a meal and my baby all in one setting. Daniel was so good, I was very proud of him. After lunch I had to go to the hospital and drop the breast pump off I had rented while we were at the hospital. We left in such a hurry to go to the hospital, I forgot to get my breast pump. After the hospital we went back to David's work, the people David works with wanted to see him. Just for those of you who know the inside joke...they all met me in the lobby. I swear my husband works for the C.I.A. or some top secret department as I have NEVER seen were he works. I am allowed to go to the building, and set in the lobby but that's it! We left there and Daniel was still being really good so I thought we could stop by and see my mom at work. I thinking I was asking a little too much, he was really fussy after that. Because we had already celebrated my birthday on Saturday the three of us just hung around the house and had dinner here. It was a very nice birthday, plus my wonderful husband got me a massage to a fabulous day spa...gotta love that!

Wednesday, July 2nd
Today was pretty much the same as always. We stayed home and Daniel did very well today. Wednesday night we did go over to David's parents for dinner before going to church. This was Daniel's first trip to church. I left him in his seat, I am still over protective mommy! He seemed to be ok with church. We are however going to have to figure out a different nursing schedule. He was hungry right in the middle of church.

Thursday, July 3rd
Today went by really fast. David got off from work at noon and we just did stuff around the house. One thing I have learned from having Daniel...I had no idea how much time I had before he was born. We just thought we were busy before. The days go by so fast because I have SO much to do. That is the one good thing about 4 a.m. feedings, you get to enjoy the whole day!

Friday, July 4th
Happy 4th of July!!! Today was a very nice day. We met my parents at Applebees for lunch, and then went over to some family friends house to swim. Daniel was of course the center of attention! His little cousin who is 4 months old was there and looked like a first grader compared to Daniel. We stayed there for a while. Daniel got to spend some quality time with his grandmother and it was nice to get out of the house and around people. Everyone asked me before Daniel was born if I was going to quit work. Not that I had any doubts that I would, but after being at home for three weeks, it's just not for me. We left the party around 5 and went to David's parents for dinner. We stayed there just long enough for me to pump, have dinner, and change Daniel. Then we went to an outdoor concert at Lipscomb. Yes, I know I am crazy for taking my 2 week old to an outdoor concert. To make me feel better we put him in his stroller and left him there. He actually slept through the whole concert and the fireworks after. Then when everything was over he woke up. That's my child, he sleeps through every thing.

Saturday, July 5th
Not such a great day today. We woke up early this morning to get ready and go to the bookmobile. The bookmobile is a mobile library that comes to our town every Saturday and has since David was a little boy. David had been waiting his whole life to take his son to the bookmobile. What do you know, the Saturday that we go they no longer have it. The city had cut it due to budget cuts. David was so mad. So to try to make a bad day good we went to see Annette. Annette was David's neighbor when he was growing up and is like a grandmother to him. When we pulled up, unannounced, we realized that he son was in from Singapore. We felt so bad, but they loved the visit. She was so excited to see him. We left there and went to have lunch with Jody, Jenny, and Sydney. At first Daniel was great, then he got really fussy. I took him out to the car to nurse him, that was fun. We left the restaurant and came back home to visit with our friends and Daniel was fussy the rest of the day!

Sunday, July 6th
Daniel's first Sunday at church. Today was Daniel's blessing at church. I had bought him an adorable gown to wear, but like everything else it is really big on him. He wore the same thing he came home in the hospital in. It was a wonderful day at church, everyone got to see him for the first time. He wasn't to fussy, we went to the nursery one time for me to change him. I didn't think that was too bad, we were at church for 3 hours. He baby blessing was very nice, even though he didn't have his cute outfit on. After church I nursed him and we went to lunch with David's parents. Things went down hill after that, he started crying, and crying, and crying. He normal never cry's unless he's hungry or needs to be changed. I honest think that we had done just too much over the last couple of days and he just wanted things to go back to normal. We did go to life groups Sunday night and he seemed to be ok. He's just a growing boy and needs lots of attention.

No comments: