Thursday, November 6, 2008

As God as my witness...I will have it all!

I have been a very bad girl and have not done a post in over two months! Let me take a couple of sentences (yea, right) to get you up to date...

August - I went back to work. We took very small baby steps. It took me forever to get a real schedule. Me, you all know me, I have to schedule and plan everything! David and I did celebrate our 3nd year anniversary on August 30th. Mom watched Daniel and David and I went out to eat. It was very hard for me to leave Daniel. However, I needed it, I enjoyed spending one on one time with my husband. As we discussed at dinner, we have come a long way since the beach in Hawaii. The exciting thing is seeing what more God has planned for us.

September - This was a hard month. I quickly realized that having a career, being a wife, and a mom takes more time than God gives us in one day. Yes, as God as my witness I will have it all! I refuse to hire a housekeeper (no one can clean my house my way) I refuse to hire a Nanny (I am a control freak and I will raise my child the way I want him to be) I refuse to quit my job (I have worked way to hard to have a career) This leaves nothing more than prayer! Every night I pray for God to give me the strength, and energy to do it all. I will be a wonderful, caring wife, an over the top mom, and make my work goals every month if its the last thing I do. With that said I was able to over come the challenges of motherhood that I was faced with this month. I woke up to Daniel crying in the wee hours of the morning, long story short we had to rush Daniel to the hospital because he could not breath. After a short time in the hospital we came home and I watched his every breath. I have accepted the fact that my son has a cold that will not go away. He is only 4 and half months old and he has had a cold for more than half of his life.

October - We took Daniel on his first road trip to Athens, Georgia. We went to see our friends, Amos, Stacy, Katie Mei, and Avery. Avery is two months and two days older than Daniel. It was so much fun to watch them play together. We had a lot of fun spending time with our friends. While we where there I had Daniel's 4 month old pictures taken. He did so well, and I still haven't ordered them because I am having such a hard time deciding. Happy 1st Halloween to Daniel! He loved Halloween, didn't love the fact that I had him in a turtle costume for three nights due to parties we attended. I am a work in progress, I learn as I go! Daniel went on his first field trip to Honeysuckle Hill Pumpkin Farm with his school. I know he is too young, but I had an excuse to take off and spend the day with my son so, I took it. David and I did start having date nights - I feel so bad, my whole life has become Daniel. He is known as "the love of my life" I can't help it. It's weird for me to think that it was a year ago this month that I found out that I was pregnant. God had truly blessed us. Daniel did start food this month - it was a very big deal in our house. Because everything in my life just about has to be organic, so does Daniel's. I decided to make all of his baby food so I knew exactly what he was eating, so far, so good. He has eaten green beans, sweet pot., pears, and apples so far. I also gave him Banana's - he hated them. I have held strong and I am still nursing him despite the fact that I am having to pump every three hours while being on the road all day.

November - It started with me going to Kansas City for a meeting. It was a quick in and out trip, thank the Lord. The funnest part of the whole trip...when my David called me, I thought something was wrong, when I called back - David just HAD to tell me that Phil Fulmer was no longer going to be with Tennessee. My husband... God love him! My goal this month is to get back on my regular workout schedule and to start eating healthy again. I have also made the decision to walk in the Music City Marathon in April. Because of me have Daniel and being so out of shape I am starting to train now. I have a lot to do! Right now we are planning on staying home this weekend, yea! It will be the first weekend we have all been here together in over a month. We have decided we are doing nothing this whole weekend.

Through the last couple of months I have realized more than ever that God is in control. Good, bad or other wise I have to embrace everything as if God handed it to me himself. With all jokes aside, please pray for my family as we really to try to have it all. We feel like God had blessed us so much with a healthy son, two wonderful careers, a beautiful home, and the best family and friends anyone could ever ask for and we want to handle everything with care.

May God bless you with every step you take,

Stacey

No comments: