Saturday, July 19, 2008

Busy as a buzzy bee

I have one word for motherhood...busy! I have been so busy the last couple of weeks, I looked up and realized I haven't blogged in weeks. So here is what has been going on the in the Roach Farmer house the past couple of weeks.

Daniel decided that he had the power to be in control of mommy and daddy so he took advantage! We have been trying to put him on a schedule, at this point I wouldn't care what it was as long as he stuck to it. He has been eating a lot. So much that I had to call the doctor to see what I could do to up my milk supply. Her answer... O'douls beer. As crazy as it sounds, it works. So along with all the eating that he is doing comes lots of dirty diapers, and we have tons of them. I have finally learned my lesson to change him only in his changing drawer and not on my bed. We have cleaner sheets that anyone in the neighborhood as they were washed three times in one day...hello mommy I pee on everything.

I have experienced some of the harder times of motherhood this week. It started with me taking him to the doctor. Which by the way Daniel gained 3 pounds and grew 1 whole inch. I was told to stop holding him so much (what else am I to do with my new baby???) start pumping to prepare for going back to work, and most importantly putting him on a schedule. I never knew that word would make me sick. After all I am the queen of a schedule, as my friend Randell says I make a list to tell me to make a list. People tell you that babies don't come with manuals...I don't need a manual I need Franklin Covey, does he make house calls??? With trying to put him on a schedule I had to do something so hard that it made me want to crawl in a closet and not come out for a long time, I had to let my 1 month old baby cry himself to sleep. As I am sure that I am not the first mother to do this, I felt like I was all alone in a big, big world.

The cool thing, or my light at the end of the tunnel as I like to call it, is that I have started to pick up on what his cries mean. As a new mom that is the coolest thing, my baby cries and I know what to do!!! I just hate it when I get the "mommy please just hold me forever" cry and I can't do it.

I have 1 more month of maternity leave and while I am going to hate to leave my precious baby boy, I don't know how women stay at home. I am definitely not the "stay at home mom" type. As much as I love my baby I need to have adult interaction ever once in a while. David really wants me to stay at home, staying home is just not for me. If I ever did decide to quit my job I would have to do charity work or something.

Today we took Daniel to get his 1 month pictures. Yes, I am going to be one of those mom's who is a picture freak. That is why I can't quit work, I have to pay for pictures. He hated every second of getting his pictures taken. Luckily we had a really good photographer who had more patients than we did. I felt so bad for the poor guy. Daniel cried for an hour, the only way we got him not to cry was by putting a bottle in his mouth, having the photographer count to 3, and then pull it out while he took the picture. After an hour of crying you'll do just about anything.

This week should be just as busy as the last 4. I have to start getting back into the swing of things. My housework has taken a back seat so I have to start on that - yes I have to have clean baseboards - baby or not! I have to get my wedding ring re sized - I have gone to long without it, I feel like people look at me with a baby and wonder if I am married or not. My mom and I are going shopping Thursday - it is way past time for me to get new clothes. I promised David I would be good and not go too overboard. And last but not least, I have to get my son on a schedule!

Please pray that I am able to get some of these done!!!

No comments: