Monday, July 28, 2008

A week of being sick

As a mother you know that its going to happen, at one time or another your child will get sick. However, there is nothing that can prepare you for it! David came home sick on Tuesday and was sick the rest of the week. Daniel started having a runny nose on Thursday, and I got a lovely sore throat the same day.

Everyday while he was sick I had to use the wonderful "blue bulb" if I was a baby I would hate the site of that thing too! Daniel hates it - he sees it now and he starts pushing it away. This of course was the first thing my son learned to do...push away!

Thursday Daniel, my Mom and myself went for a big, long day out! We left our house at 9:30 and returned at 8:30 that evening. Mom acted as "Nanny for the day" while I went shopping. I really needed a day to go and do lots of little stuff. You know those "run in and run out" visits, that with a baby turn into 2 hour stops instead of 30 minute stops! I waited a little over a month to go clothes shopping as I didn't want to buy things while my water weight was still here. And yes while I did lose all of my water weight - I still have 10 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy size (not that it was my ideal size to began with) The one thing that no one tells you - not that they should have to - is that just because you lose all that weight, your body is not the same. My hips are wider, my belly is like a bowl full of jelly, and my feet well, good bye little cute shoes. I can't help but think that it's all part of God's plan. When you become a mother the last thing you do is have time to put those cute little outfits together or keep up with the latest and greatest, you barely have time to get dressed at all!

So we got all of the little stuff taken care of and then it was off to find me new clothes. Store number one, I cried - store number two, I cried, and finally by store number three God stepped in. We went to Cold water Creek, I had never been there before, by first look I thought there was nothing I would ever like. Mom had found a black shirt and black pants so I tried them on. I went to the dressing room where there was a fabulous lady name Debbie - God I love her! She made me feel like I was on the show, "What not to wear" except she was really nice! I told her the whole store about just having a baby, yea, yea, yea. I told her that I needed 5 outfits to go back to work and weekend clothes - I had to do all of this on a budget. Sometime I hate the fact that my husband is an accountant! Oh, the days when I just bought stuff and never looked at price tags! Of course, that was before I had my precious baby so I would must rather have him!

Two hours and I won't say how much I went over my budget (it was worth it) I had all the clothes I needed and they look great. Even though I had gone up a couple of sizes I don't feel like it when I wear my new clothes. I honestly haven't felt that in a while. I guess that's why maternity clothes come in Small, Medium, and Large.

I only have 3 weeks left at home before I have to go back to work. I have become Martha Stewart trying to organize our new life and our house. David keeps calling it our "new normal" and I have to agree. With Daniel in the house I feel like we have things to do with meaning, before we just did things. Our family is also having to get used to our "new normal" we can't just pick up and go now. We have to think about bedtimes, nap times, feeding times, the list goes on and on.

No comments: