Thursday, August 14, 2008

The new normal

Well, it's here, it's finally here! I have to go back to work :( I knew this day would come but some how I kept telling myself that I had all the time in the world. A lot has happened since my last post so let me get you up-to-date!
Let's see....

First, we had to say good bye to July, I love July! We are getting into a routine which we like to call our "new normal." I purchased the book, "your baby's first year," as I got tired of people telling me what Daniel should or should not be doing. Daniel finally went to Dad's office - Dad was giving me the third degree because I had not been there. I got some energy back and I have started on my to do list - you know the one I have had before Daniel was even born! Anyone who knows me knows that I am crazy when it comes to my house - baby or not my house has to be clean - it's a disorder and if there was medication for it I would be on it!

On to our new normal...
It's still amazing to me that once you become a mom you do things that you would have NEVER have done before...like waking up at 4 a.m. Yes that's right 4 a.m. - David and I NEVER got up that early EVER unless we had to catch a flight. I must say I am very proud of how far I have come.
I wake up at 4 - I have a cute built in alarm clock, he doesn't even give me one extra minute, its 4 o'clock every morning! I nurse Daniel, which I only get to do twice a day now :( and get him ready for school, I will get to that later. Then I do 30 minutes of cardio - yes its not a typo - I am actual making an effort. After that I get ready and eat breakfast. Starting next week David and I are going to start car pooling to save money. The last month that I worked we spent WAY to much money on gas. A lot of that has to do with David's SUV, that sits in a garage all day, David never goes out for lunch. So we decided that we would try to carpool, hope it works! When I go back to work next week, I am going to work 8-4 with a driving lunch (eat and drive) so I can pick Daniel up on time.

My friend Dana has always told me that she has two jobs - her 8-5 job at Salon Service Group and her family job that starts when she walks through the door. For 6 years I have heard this - it finally hit home and boy was she right. As my friend Summer has said - work is a break from the busy life at home - don't look at it as a job, look at it as a chance to breath! She was right too! From the time I walk through the door at night it's none stop and by the time I am able to breath its time to go to bed.

Daniel started his nursery school on Tuesday. I was very proud of myself, I didn't cry one time. David and I took him together on his first day. We drove separately to see what was the fastest way, David and Daniel got there first and David was walking across the parking lot when I got there. Seeing that made me get a little teary eyed...but I never cried! Daniel had a very busy first day, he went through 25 oz of breast milk, 4 outfits, and 8 diapers! I love his school, he has his own little crib and lots of cool toys to play with. He will start baby sign language next month. Oh, I missed that, Daniel is 8 weeks old - he will be 2 months the 17th of August - I can't believe my baby is that old already. There are 5 other babies in his class, which David and I had never thought of but Daniel had not even seen another baby before Tuesday. The last time he was even around other babies he was a newborn and couldn't see very well. I am sure he looked at them and thought, "wow, there are more little people like me!"

I am still breastfeeding and hope to until he is a year old. It is getting harder I must say. I have to pump so much right now trying to keep up with the demand on how much he is eating. Right now Daniel eats 5oz every 2 hours for a total of almost 35 to 40 ounces, which I think is too much so I am going to speak to his doctor about it. On a better note, Daniel is sleeping through the night, he goes to sleep at 9 p.m. and doesn't wake up until 4 a.m. - 7 whole hours, I will take it! I kept trying all this stuff to get him to sleep through the night, nothing would work, it wasn't until I said, "OK, I don't care anymore, I am used to getting up anyway," that same night he started sleeping 7 hours! The month I said I didn't care when I got pregnant, I got pregnant. Maybe that's my inter secret that even I was unaware of - say out loud that I don't care and it shall come.

I am taking Daniel to the doctor Friday for his 2 month check up, he is going to have to get shots. Keep us in your prayers - Daniel because he has to get shots and myself too...I have a feeling its going to hurt me worse than it's going to hurt him!

No comments: