Sunday, December 16, 2007

Busy, Relaxing Weekend

If it's possible, we have had a busy, but relaxing weekend. Friday, David and I had to go to the funeral home to visit a friend, her mom had passed away. After we left the funeral home we went to eat at the local Mexican restaurant. We tried to get everything together for our angel tree twins, they love spider man. It's been hard to find spider man stuff that 2 years old's can play with. I think we finally got everything! I went to Costco on Friday to pick up Christmas cards (I am so bad, I usually have them out by the 1st) while I was there I HAD to buy this rocking horse for our "pea in a pod." When we got it home it didn't work, the head and tail move and it is supposed to make noise. We are going to replace the batteries so hopefully it will work.

Saturday, we went to my Dad's Christmas party at Opryland hotel. We ate so much food and had a really good time. After the bunch we went to see the Radio City Rockettes. I have wanted to see them since they started coming to Nashville. It was so cool, my Dad and David could have cared less... but I thought it was a very good show. We left the show and went over to Opry Mills, that was such a mistake. Hello, don't ever go to the mall before Christmas unless you can stay a lifetime. We had to be at another Christmas party by 6:00, it took us 30 minutes just to get out of the parking lot! We finally made it to our last event for the evening. We had a wonderful time at the home of Kevin and Tonya for an eventful evening. At 10:30 we arrived at home...I went straight to bed.

Sunday...well lets just say that today as been a very lazy day. I woke up this morning and felt horrible. I told David I couldn't go to church, we both laid back down and woke up at 1:00....yes that's right 1:00 p.m. I can't tell you the last time I did that. We are going to spend the day just being vegetables, and so far its agreeing with us both, the "pea in the pod" is loving it. Tonight we will go to church, I am sure people are going to think bad of us because we missed this morning. We are going to be home early because we have to take the "pea in the pod" to the doctor tomorrow to see how he or she is doing. I love doctor appointment days. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: