Friday, December 14, 2007

Melting Night

Yesterday was quite a day. I had to work at home in the morning, when I walked out into the world it was so cold! I had a slow day at work, it was a nice change.

David and I went to his company Christmas party at the melting pot. I was so excited because we had not been there in a long time. We started with cheese which was so good and I was so hungry. It didn't take long for me to get full. It's the weirdest thing, I though t when you get pregnant you eat a lot? Not me, I have been eating like a bird lately. I didn't even eat my salad, then when the main course came I ate a couple of pieces of meat and that was it. I wasn't going to miss out on the chocolate so I made myself eat it - I paid for that later! I had a really good time though, I really enjoyed talking to the people David works with. I love my job but sometimes I don't like that I have to pick up the phone to talk to people I work with.

After we left the melting pot David and I were driving back to his office to pick up his car. I had to go to the restroom really bad, so we stopped at McDonald's and they were closed, so we drove down the street to Starbucks so I could go, I knew Starbucks would be opened. As we were leaving McDonald's David forgot to turn the lights on the car back on and we got pulled over by a Vanderbilt cop. This guy was the rudest cop I had ever seen. Yes, I know we needed to have our lights on, but we got the third degree for it. He even ask David if he had been drinking, David was like... NO! After he said that the guy I think got the point that we weren't some college kids out for a joy ride... you would think the fat pregnant lady in the passenger seat would have given it away. We didn't get a ticket, so I guess the guy wasn't that bad. We got home about 10:30 and I went straight to bed. I can't wait till I can walk through the door and not be so tired.

No comments: